Perfect meal to warm up your stomach on a cold winter morning, spicy tomato flavour with red kidney beans mixed through.
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium mushroom, diced
- 1 can Italian diced tomatoes
- 1/2 can red kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp Italian herbs
- 1/2 medium red chilli
- 2 eggs
- Mixed leafy greens
- Parmesan cheese (to serve)
- Pinch salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Fry garlic, onion and olive oil in a small non-stick saucepan until soft, then add the mushroom and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes, kidney beans, paprika, herbs, chilli and greens to the saucepan and simmer for 8-10 minutes on low heat with the lid off.
- Once the sauce has thickened, form 2 small holes and crack the eggs into the saucepan- do not stir.
- Put the lid on the saucepan and place it in the oven for about 10 minutes (or until eggs are cooked).
- Sprinkle with cheese, salt & pepper.