This recipe is so quick and easy and tastes amazing.
The vanilla protein in these pancakes are optional, but they give the pancakes SO much more flavour and the protein powder is 100% vegan and has great ingredients. Obviously you don’t need to add protein powder to your mix, but adding protein powder to your recipes is beneficial (if it is a good quality protein with no added sugar), as it gives you a good quality hit of protein which is nutritious, it keeps you fuller for longer and helps to bulk up your meal. I get my protein from Happy Way, they have great ingredients and are locally made in Australia.
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 1 banana, mashed
- 2 eggs
- Dash of almond milk
- Chia seeds
- 1/2 scoop of vanilla protein powder (optional)
- 2 drops of vanilla essence (optional)
- Fresh/frozen blueberries and raspberries or other fruit, diced (optional)
- Coconut yogurt
- Cacao nibs
- Maple syrup (optional)
- Add banana, eggs, almond milk, chia seeds, protein powder (optional) and vanilla essence (optional) into a bowl and mix until batter-like consistency. Let it sit for 5 minutes until the chia seeds have slightly swelled.
- Fry in a non-stick pan and serve with or without toppings.