Roast pumpkin with a drizzle of oil, rice malt syrup (or honey) and cinnamon. I use rice malt syrup instead of honey to avoid the sugar spike as honey is a very high GI food. I tend to leave the skin on when cooking my vegetables to increase my fibre intake and maximise the nutrient intake, but this is completely optional.
- 2 cups diced pumpkin (skin is optional)
- 1 1/2 tbl olive oil
- 1 tbl rice malt (or honey)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees c.
- Dice the pumpkin and add to a large bowl
- Add the oil, rice malt (or honey) and cinnamon into a bowl and massage over pumpkin until all the surfaces are covered
- Evenly spread the pumpkin onto a tray and bake for around 30-40 minutes
- Remove from the oven when they show a golden brown colour