Good morning guys! Here is your weekly Friday recipe- as promised. This recipe is so simple and easy, it can be just a 3 ingredient chocolate fudge recipe that is low calorie, low GI and the perfect gut healing, sweet treat any time during the day!
This chocolate fudge is made with pumpkin as the main source of carbohydrates- but do not let this put you off, I promise it tastes chocolatey and has that fudge texture to it. Although it can include just the 3 ingredients to make this chocolate fudge, I (however) prefer to add a bit of sweetness to the mix, just because your already getting some nutrients from the pumpkin as well as a rich source of magnesium and antioxidants from the cacao powder- why not make it yummier and kick the sweet cravings at the same time as getting a healthy treat? This honestly tastes so so good and is so easy to make, let me know how you guys go with this one.
Super simple and easy, it does not require much preparation, just follow the steps below!
Healthy Chocolate Fudge
- 1/2 whole butternut pumpkin
- 1/4 cup raw, unsweetened cacao powder
- 2tbl coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tbl gelatin (substitute coconut oil to make vegan)
+ some sweetness if you need- 2 tbl of maple syrup tastes amazing or substitute for rice malt syrup & coconut sugar for extra sweetness
- Cut a whole butternut pumpkin in half and remove the seeds. Place it in the oven whole at 180 degrees (c) for 45 minutes or until soft.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the flesh of the pumpkin into a bowl and add the remaining ingredients, blend on high until smooth consistency.
- Place mixture into a slice or muffin tray and fill until mixture is ~5cm high, refrigerate for approximately an hour.
- I added some shredded coconut on top to make it look pretty!
- Serve and enjoy.